Take The Anti-Executable Challenge And Win $100!
So many companies these days have no idea when their network has been hacked. According to Congressional testimony, 94% of companies served by a computer security firm were unaware that they had been victimized. That’s a staggering amount.
Have you ever wondered just how clean your network really is, and how to go about scanning for undetected threats? Take the Anti-Executable Challenge to see if you’re safe or allowing unwanted threats to sneak onto your network. By taking the test, you’ll also be entered for a chance to win 1 of 15 $100 Best Buy gift cards. What have you got to lose?
- Go to the Anti-Executable Standard product page on the Faronics.com website at http://www.faronics.com/products/anti-executable/standard.
- Download a copy of Anti-Executable Standard (AES).
- Following the instructions in the User Guide, install AES on a computer that is not currently protected by Faronics Deep Freeze.
- AES will automatically scan your computer and create a Control List.
- During installation, select the option to “Include DLLs while creating the control list”.
- Once AES is installed, click on the “Execution Control List” tab to access and review the control list. If there are any executable files that you do not recognize, select the file and click “Identifile Details” to view the Identifile details for the selected file.
- From the Status tab within AES, set “Protection” on by clicking on the “Enable” radio button.
- From the Setup tab, configure the following options:
Let AES run on the selected computer for 15 days. After 15 days, retrieve the event log from the All Users/Documents directory. Review the log file – are there any programs not on the control list that attempted to run while AES was protecting the computer?
To enter the Contest send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following: AES log file as an attachment, first name, last name, company name, email and phone number.
- Select Log to File to log events to the log file. The log file is located at All Users/Documents directory.
- Select the Monitor DLL Execution check box to monitor DLLs.
Rules and Regulations
NO SUBSCRIPTION OR PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR RECEIVE A PRIZE. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These Official Rules apply for the Faronics “Anti-Executable Challenge” promotion ("Contest") conducted by Faronics Corporation, 620-609 Granville St, Vancouver, BC, V7Y 1G5("Sponsor") and promoted at www.faronics.com/aechallenge ("Website"). The contest will start at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Daylight Savings Time ("EDT") on June 20, 2012 and will end at 11:59:59 PM EDT on September 15, 2012 (hereinafter, "Promotion Period"). By entering this Contest, you agree to the Terms in these Official Rules.
CONTEST ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENTS MUST BE BOTH (A) LEGAL RESIDENTS OF EITHER THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA, AND (B) AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. CONTEST SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Employees of Faronics and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, children and their spouses) regardless of where they reside and/or those living in the same household of any such individual (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win.